Basic Needs Assistance
Welfare programs provided by Winfield Township include:
- General Assistance is a state-mandated program for those who do not fit into categories administered by Social Security or the Department of Human Services. This is an on-going grant program with Work Program requirements.
- Emergency Assistance addresses Basic Needs such as groceries, rent, utilities, household supplies, personal hygiene items, prescriptions to township residents who qualify by income. This is available once in an 18-month period.
There is a lifetime maximum use of the Emergency Assistance
program. You may not be approved for Emergency Assistance
more than 3 times beginning in 2008.
- LIHEAP (low income home energy assistance program) applications taken during the heating season - by appointment only.
- Salvation Army funds are available through the township office.
- A Pastors' Fund of donated monies is administered by the GA Office.
- Access DuPage - Access DuPage is a program to help eligible people in DuPage County receive primary care medical services.
- The assistance office also organizes an Adopt-a-Family program for low-income families during the holiday season.
For all applications bring the following original documents to your appointment:
- proof of address (lease or utility bill)
- income verification
- birth certificates
- proof of social security numbers for all family members
Hours for Assistance Office: 9AM-3PM Monday - Friday
By Appointment only please call 630-231-3591
Deborah Juzwiak, Director