Winfield Township Supervisor’s Office
Dona L. Smith
Duties of the Supervisor
The Supervisor of Winfield Township is Dona L. Smith. She serves as the Supervisor of General Assistance and the Chairman of the Board of Trustees. The Supervisor is the CEO of the township office and serves as the Treasurer of Town Funds and ex-officio Treasurer of the Road and Bridge Funds. Weed control in the unincorporated areas and Big Woods Cemetery come under the Supervisor's jurisdiction.
The Board of Trustees meets the second Monday of each month at 7:00 p.m. at the township office, except in November (third Monday). The Annual Town Meeting is held on the second Tuesday in April. Most of West Chicago, Winfield and Warrenville are within the boundaries of Winfield Township. Small sections of Wheaton, Naperville, Aurora and Batavia are included.
Services provided through Winfield Township include:
- Notary publics
- Voter Registrations
- Absentee voting
- Noxious Weed Control services
- Processing of passport applications
- Maintenance of Big Woods Cemetery (Butterfield and Eola Roads)
- Welfare programs
- Please see Assistance Program Section
- Township Road Maintenance
- Please see Road District Section
- Township Tax Assessment Services
- Please see Assessor Section
Winfield Township also assists with funding to the following:
- WAYS (Wayne/Winfield Area Youth and Family Services)
- They provide counseling, crisis intervention, tutoring, etc. to township residents.
- Warrenville Youth and Family Services
- Provides counseling, advocacy, referrals, crisis intervention
- Winfield Township Senior Citizen Bus Service
- The vehicles are wheelchair accessible
- The bus will pick you up at your home and take you anywhere in Winfield Township.
- Call 630-520-0054 the day before you wish to ride (riders for Monday must call on the Friday before).
- Bus service is available Monday through Friday from 8:15AM to 4:30PM
- Calls are taken between 8:30AM and 3:00PM and it is first call, first served basis.
- You are entitled to three stops and the cost is $4.
- DuPage Children's Center
- They offer Child sexual abuse investigations, treatment referrals, 24-hour emergency services
- Access DuPage
- They offer medical attention to the poor who are not covered by other programs