Winfield Township – Assistance Programs
By Appointment only
Programs provided by Winfield Township include:
- General Assistance is a state-mandated program which provides a flat grant for individuals who do not qualify for assistance from the State or federal government.
- Emergency Assistance is an optional program designed to assist Township residents in meeting basic needs such as food, rent, utilities, household supplies, and personal hygiene items. This is available every 12-months until the lifetime limit of 5 times has been met.
- LIHEAP (Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program) applications are taken during the heating season.
- Salvation Army funds are administered.
- A Pastor’s Fund of donated monies is administered.
- Access DuPage applications and renewals are taken at this office.
- An Adopt-a-Family program for low-income families during the holiday season.
For all applications bring the following original documents to your appointment:
- Proof of address (lease)
- Utility bills
- Income verification
- Birth certificates
- Social Security cards
For further information or to make an appointment contact:
Claudia Gabrels, BSW
General Assistance Director
630.231.3591 or 331.240.2665