Disabled Persons Exemption
Must be primary residence, owner of record and a medically determinable physical or mental impairment that is expect to last for a continuous period of not less than 12 months. Applicants will be need to provide one of the following:
- A class 2 Illinois Disabled Person Identification Card
- Proof of Social Security Administration Disability benefits award letter, verification letter, or annual cost of living adjustment.
- Proof of Veterans Administration disability benefits
- Proof of Railroad or Civil Service disability benefits
- If none of the previous items can’t be provided there is a Physician’s Statement for Proof of Disability that will need to be completed by your physician.
This exemption is for 2,000 of the Assessed Value. Homeowners can apply for this exemption at our office or the applications can be printed from the DuPage County web site.