Provides subsidized taxi and lift-equipped bus transportation for income eligible DuPage County residents for medical visits and government offices within the County limits.
- Any resident of DuPage County who is 65 years or older, persons whose income is at or below 125% of the federal poverty guidelines, or persons with a disability whose income is at or below 200% of the federal poverty level.
- Clients cannot have their own transportation.
- Clients cannot use the transportation for trips outside of DuPage County without prior approval.
- Ride DuPage will not transport to medical appointments if the client has Medicaid. (Public Aid will pay for these clients.)
- Will transport all ages. (Minors must be accompanied by an adult.)
- Transportation is provided for eligible clients only if services are not available through PACE, township or municipal transit programs.
- Eligibility may be revoked for non-payment of $4.00 fee, failure to cancel a reserved ride, or any violation of the program guidelines.
- Clients traveling to dialysis appointments are allowed 3 round trips per week. Other clients are limited to 2 round trips per week. Clients requiring additional trips for chemotherapy appointments may be authorized for up to 5 trips per week for 3 weeks with a supervisor’s or manager’s approval.
- Clients traveling to dialysis appointments are not allowed additional trips.
- Clients that have two or more no shows/no loads or late cancellation of the cab will be terminated from the program. Payment for the no shows or late cancellations is required prior to reinstatement.
- Doctors’ appointments
- Dentists’ appointments
- DuPage County Community Services
- DuPage County Health Department and its Public Health Centers
If you believe you qualify, please call 630-407-6500 or email [email protected] to enroll.
A description of rider’s rights and related forms are available at dupageco.org/Community/TitleVI.
Winfield Township – Proud to Serve