Senior Citizen Tax Deferral
The Senior Tax deferral program allows a qualifying senior to defer the payment of up to $5,000 real estate taxes for their home. This exemption must be applied for each year at the DuPage County Treasurer and the deadline for filing is March 1st.
- be 65 by June 1st of that year
- have a household income of less than $55,000
- Have lived in Illinois for at least 3 years
- Have no delinquent real estate taxes
- Carry fire and Casualty insurance on property
Applications can be printed at the DuPage County Treasurer web site.
Any questions should be directed to the DuPage County Treasurer at 630-407-5900.